Golden Visa in Portugal
As of 2013, the Portuguese authorities have created an incentive programme for international investors, where a residency permit is issued for investments under certain criteria.
- Purchase of Properties above 500.000€: any type of property is eligible (residential, commercial, land, rural, etc)
- Possibility of investing in multiple properties adding up to a minimum total investment of 500.000€
- Possibility of co-ownership of properties (as long as each investor allocates 500.000€)
- Possibility to rent the properties and obtain income (no need to be living in the property)
- The residency permit is granted for an initial period of 1 year and is renewed for 2 further periods of 2 years
- Minimum stay in Portugal –7 days on the first year and 14 days on every following period of 2 years
- Possibility to apply for a permanent residency after 5 years and Portuguese nationality after 6 years
- Holder of investor residency permits can travel freely in the Schengen area
NHR Tax Regime
The main objective of the NHR special tax regime is to attract wealthy individuals and their families to become non-habitual tax residents in Portugal in return for dramatically reduced personal taxation for a guaranteed period of 10 years.
Salaries, dividends, pensions and investment income may all be subject to beneficial rates in Portugal and exempt of tax in the applicants’ home country. A full exemption of 0% tax in Portugal and the applicants’ home country can be applicable in some cases.
We advise you to speak to our partners Tax Angels (www.portugal-tax.com) for more information.
The taxation benefits are guaranteed for 10 years.